SEWER TAP FEES
4" sewer tap $300.00 tap fee + impact fee (see chart on Cost of Water Taps page)
6" sewer tap $500.00 tap fee + impact fee (see chart on Cost of Water Taps page)
8" sewer tap $500.00 tap fee + impact fee (see chart on Cost of Water Taps page)
OUTSIDE THE DISTRICT FEE ARE THE ABOVE FEES PLUS $100.00
NOTE: We are not responsible for any sewer construction. Sewer customers are responsible for their service line from the tap on the main line in the street to their structure.
Effective September 1, 2015, the inside sub district capacity fee rates, as shown in the Capacity Fee Policy of Spartanburg Sanitary Sewer District (SSSD), shall be charged to all residential and commercial applicants for sewer service with the Metropolitan Sub District B service area. SSSD Capacity Fees for customers in the Metropolitan Sub District B service Area will be handled in accordance with the following procedure.
1. Metro Water Works will explain to residential and commercial sewer service applicants the requirement to pay a Capacity Fee to the Spartanburg Sanitary Sewer District for the transportation and treatment of wastewater discharged to the Metro Water Works sewer collection system.
2. Per SSSD policy, when a change in the use of a premises served by an existing sewer connection results in a marked increase in wastewater discharged to the sewer, or when an industrial wastewater discharge permit is modified to increase the discharge volume, Capacity Fees are applicable to the increased discharge volume.
3. Metro Water Works will refer residential and commercial applicants for sewer service to the SSSD New Connections Department for the calculation and payment of the applicable Capacity Fee. Applicants can contact New Connections the following ways, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Amanda Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
4. A New Connections Representative will calculate the SSSD Capacity Fee based on wastewater volume using DHEC's Guidelines for Unit Contribuory Loading to Wastewater Treatment Facilities (R. 61-67 Appendix A)
5. When payment is received for the applicable SSSD Capacity fee, the applicant will be given a receipt for the amount paid and the New Connections Representative will fax or email a copy of the paid receipt to Metro Water Works on behalf of the applicant in order to complete the purchase of a sewer tap.
6. Metro Water Works will require all residential and commercial applicants for sewer service to provide a paid receipt from SSSD for the Capacity Fee in order to receive sewer service within Metro Water Works' service area.